LEXINGTON, Ky. (7/3/14) — Prep football districts from various parts of the state will take on a new look in 2015 after the Kentucky High School Athletic Association's Board of Control adopted a new football alignment for 2015-2018 prior to the end of the 2013-14 school year.
The KHSAA Board of Control also has established the pairings for 2015 only for Class 6A to mirror the other classes, and will continue discussion and deliberation on postseason pairings at future meetings. Multiple member schools in Class 5A had made a request to begin playoff pairing rotation, but according to the Board of Control that issue will not be addressed until a further determination is made regarding Class 6A.
On the gridiron, the KHSAA will continue to feature six classes with eight districts each.
High School football teams across the state will start preseason practice in mid-July and open the 2014 campaign with kickoffs in late-August.
Reigning KHSAA football champions are Mayfield (Class 1A), DeSales (Class 2A), Belfry (Class 3A), Collins (Class 4A), Bowling Green (Class 5A) and Scott County (Class 6A).
- District 1 – Crittenden County, Fulton City, Fulton County, Russellville
- District 2 –Bethlehem, Campbellsville, Caverna, Fort Knox
- District 3 – Eminence, Frankfort, Holy Cross (Louisville), Kentucky Country Day
- District 4 – Beechwood, Bellevue, Dayton, Ludlow
- District 5 – Berea, Bishop Brossart, Bracken County, Nicholas County, Paris
- District 6 – Fairview, Paintsville, Raceland
- District 7 – Harlan, Hazard, Lynn Camp, Pineville, Williamsburg
- District 8 –Jenkins, Phelps, Pikeville, South Floyd
- fifth place team from District 7 as the fourth place in District 6 for playoff brackets
- fifth place team from District 5 will not advance to playoffs
- District 1 – Ballard Memorial, Mayfield, Murray, Webster County
- District 2 – Butler County, Hancock County, McLean County, Owensboro Catholic, Todd County Central
- District 3 – Clinton County, Glasgow, Green County, Metcalfe County, Monroe County
- District 4 – Christian Academy-Louisville, DeSales, Shawnee, Washington County
- District 5 – Carroll County, Gallatin County, Owen County, Trimble County, Walton-Verona
- District 6 –Holy Cross (Covington), Lloyd Memorial, Newport, Newport Central Catholic,
- District 7 – Danville, Lexington Christian, Middlesboro, Somerset
- District 8 – Allen Central, Betsy Layne, East Ridge, Leslie County, Prestonsburg, Shelby Valley
- District 1 – Caldwell County, Fort Campbell, Paducah Tilghman, Trigg County, Union County
- District 2 – Adair County, Edmonson County, Elizabethtown, Hart County, LaRue County
- District 3 – Bardstown, Central, Henry County, Moore, Thomas Nelson, Waggener
- District 4 – Boyle County, Garrard County, Lexington Catholic, Western Hills
- District 5 – Bath County, Fleming County, Lewis County, Pendleton County, Russell, West Carter
- District 6 – Belfry, Lawrence County, Pike County Central, Sheldon Clark
- District 7 – Breathitt County, Estill County, Knott County Central, Magoffin County, Morgan County, Powell County
- District 8 – Bell County, Casey County, Corbin, Jackson County, McCreary Central
- District 1 –Calloway County, Hopkins County Central, Hopkinsville, Logan County, Madisonville-North Hopkins
- District 2 – Allen County-Scottsville, Franklin-Simpson, South Warren, Warren Central, Warren East
- District 3 – Breckinridge County, John Hardin, Valley, Western
- District 4 – Collins, Franklin County, North Oldham, Shelby County, Spencer County
- District 5 – East Jessamine, Marion County, Mercer County, Taylor County, West Jessamine
- District 6 – Clay County, Knox Central, Rockcastle County, Russell County, Wayne County
- District 7 – Bourbon County, Harrison County, Holmes, Mason County, Scott
- District 8 – Ashland Blazer, Boyd County, East Carter, Greenup County, Johnson Central, Rowan County
- District 1 – Apollo, Christian County, Graves County, Marshall County, Owensboro
- District 2 – Barren County, Bowling Green, Grayson County, Greenwood
- District 3 – Bullitt Central, Bullitt East, Nelson County, North Bullitt, Oldham County, South Oldham
- District 4 – Atherton, Doss, Fairdale, Fern Creek, Iroquois, Southern
- District 5 – Covington Catholic, Dixie Heights, Grant County, Highlands
- District 6 – Anderson County, Madison Southern, Montgomery County, Woodford County
- District 7 – Lincoln County, Pulaski County, South Laurel, Southwestern
- District 8 – Harlan County, Letcher County Central, North Laurel, Perry County Central, Whitley County
- District 1 – Daviess County, Henderson County, McCracken County, Muhlenberg County, Ohio County
- District 2 – Central Hardin, Meade County, North Hardin
- District 3 – Butler, DuPont Manual, Male, Pleasure Ridge Park, St. Xavier
- District 4 – Ballard, Eastern, Jeffersontown, Seneca, Trinity (Louisville)
- District 5 – Conner, Cooper, Ryle
- District 6 – Boone County, Campbell County, Simon Kenton
- District 7 – Bryan Station, Henry Clay, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Scott County
- District 8 – George Rogers Clark, Lafayette, Madison Central, Tates Creek
fifth place from District 1 as the fourth place in District 2 for playoff brackets.
fifth place from 3 would become the fourth place in 5 for playoffs in odd numbered years
fifth place from 3 would become the fourth place in 6 for playoffs in even numbered years.
fifth place from 4 would become the fourth place in 6 for playoffs in odd numbered years
fifth place from 4 would become the fourth place in 5 for playoffs in even numbered years.
Information provided by Steve LeMaster
© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.