KENTUCKY (2/26/14) – The USDA/1890 National Scholars Program is a partnership between of the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the nineteen 1890 Historically Black Land-Grant Universities.
The program awards scholarships to students attending one of the 1890 Historically Black Land-Grant Universities, pursuing a bachelor’s degree in agriculture, food, natural resource sciences, or related academic disciplines. The nineteen 1890 Historically Black Land-Grant Universities are as follows:
- Alabama A&M University
- Alcorn State University, Mississippi
- Central State University, Ohio
- Delaware State University
- Florida A&M University
- Fort Valley State University, Georgia
- Kentucky State University
- Langston University, Oklahoma
- Lincoln University, Missouri
- North Carolina A&T State University
- Prairie View A&M University, Texas
- South Carolina State University
- Southern University, Louisiana
- Tennessee State University
- Tuskegee University, Alabama
- University of Arkansas Pine Bluff
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- Virginia State University
- West Virginia State University
Who Should Apply?
The USDA/1890 National Scholars Program is available to high school seniors entering their freshman year of college and rising college sophomores and juniors.
Application Deadline extended to Friday, March 14, 2014.
All application materials must be postmarked no later than MARCH 14, 2014 and sent to the University selected by the applicant to attend. (University addresses and contact information are included in the actual application packet.)
Download the REVISED 2014 USDA/1890 National Scholars Program High School Application
Download the REVISED 2014 USDA/1890 National Scholars Program College Application
For any questions or more information regarding the USDA/1890 National Scholars Program, please contact:
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Administration
Office of Advocacy and Outreach
1400 Independence Ave., S.W., Stop 0170
Washington, DC 20250
Telephone Number: (202) 205-4307
Fax Number: (202) 720-7136
Information provided by USDA
LIKE SurfKY on Facebook - Click here to LIKE us now.
© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.