HENDERSON, Ky. (7/9/14) — The following events are schedule for July 10 - 12.
Thursday, July 10
- 6 p.m. - Fishing Fun - Join us for a fun evening of fishing on Recreation Lake. All you need to bring is a smile and a little bit of luck. Where? Recreation Lake boat dock. How Long? 1 ½ hours. Who? All, children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. 16 and older must have a valid Kentucky fishing license to fish.
Friday, July 11
- 4 p.m. - S’mores – As the sun is beginning to set, come and sit by the fire and eat a s’more or two…a tasty end to a good summer day. Where? Meet at Campground Shelter. How Long? 1 hour. Who? Everyone.
Saturday, July 12
- 9 a.m. - Eagle Glen Trail Hike – You and your pet on a leash can explore the Eagle Glen Pet Trail and learn more about the wildlife and plants from one of our Naturalists. Make sure to wear your hiking shoes. Where? Begin at the entrance to Campground Shelter. How Long? 1 to 1.5 hours. Who? Children younger than 12 need adult supervision.
- 11 p.m. - Remarkable Reptiles & Amphibians – Reptiles and amphibians are often feared and misunderstood. We’ll take a closer look at a few native live snakes, turtles, frogs and toads. We’ll discover what makes them different from other animals and their important role in nature. Where? Campground Shelter. How Long? 45 minutes. Who? All ages.
- 1:30 p.m. - Animal Face Painting – Bears, bobcats and rabbits oh my! Hop on down to the campground shelter and have your favorite animal painted on your cheek or hand. Where? Campground Shelter. How Long? 1 hour. Who? All ages.
- 4 p.m. - CD Critters - Decorate your favorite spot with these bright and colorful animals made from recycled compact discs. Hang them where they will reflect the sunlight and bring rainbows inside. Where? Campground Shelter How Long? 45 minutes Who? All ages Cost? $2.00 per animal
Information provided by Julie McDonald
© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.