MADISONVILLE, Ky. (10/29/13) — When the Madisonville Fire Department responded to an alarm at Rural King Monday, Oct. 28, they were pleasantly surprised to find their firefighting skills were no longer needed — the employees had extinguished a car fire by themselves.
Clyde Pendly's 1985 Chevy S10 caught fire due to an electrical problem about 12:55 p.m. in the store parking lot at 1650 S. Main St., Madisonville.
According to a Madisonville Fire Department report, the fire had started with the vehicle's battery and not progressed further, however, the crew cut the negative and positive battery cables and no further action was needed.
Rita Dukes Smith
Information provided by MFD
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|