Firefighters bring the blaze at 620 Scanfield Drive, Madisonville, under control by 11:02 a.m., just 12 minutes after arriving on the scene. (SurfKY News Photo/Rita Dukes Smith)MADISONVILLE, Ky. (1/29/14) — Firefighters were summoned to 620 Scanfield Drive around 10:45 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 29 to extinguish a blaze at a two-story home.
According to Madisonville Fire Chief Steve Stolz, flames from the rear of the Jonathan and Mandy Harralson residence were visible when firefighters arrived on the scene. Firefighters found the rear deck and enclosed porch on fire.
The cause of the fire was determined to be a heat lamp under a dog house on the deck at the rear of the house.
The fire was under control by 11:02 a.m., according to the report.
There was substantial damage to the structure of the home with only minor damage to the contents.
Madisonville Police Department assisted with the scene.
Madisonville Light Department and Atmos Energy also responded to the scene to assist with the utilities.
Madisonville Fire Department crews quickly work to extinguish a blaze coming from the rear of a home around 10:45 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 29 at 620 Scanfield Drive, Madisonville. (SurfKY News Photo/Rita Dukes Smith)Plumes of water are shown above the rooftop of a 620 Scanfield Drive home around 10:45 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 29 as firefighters with the Madisonville Fire Department extinguish the blaze that started on the deck at the rear of the house. (SurfKY News Photo/Rita Dukes Smith)
Rita Dukes Smith
SurfKY News Director
LIKE SurfKY on Facebook - Click here to LIKE us now.
© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.