BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (1/21/14) - 400 children on 44 teams will gather at Western Kentucky University's Diddle Arena on Saturday (Jan. 25) for the Kentucky FIRST LEGO League's State Robotics Competition.
The event will begin at 9 a.m. and will conclude with an award ceremony at approximately 5:30 p.m. The theme of this year's event is "Nature's Fury™," which calls for teams of 9 to 14-year-olds to research and explore the topic of natural disasters.
Teams will discover what can be done when intense natural events meet the places people live, work and play. Through hands-on experience and working in teams, children have a chance to explore a real-world issue to gain an appreciation for and interest in science and technology.
The FLL competition is judged in four areas: project presentation; robot performance; technical design and programming of the robot; and teamwork, with a consideration of the FLL Core Values.
The highest honor will go to the team that best exemplifies the spirit and values of the program.
- Ogden College of Science and Engineering
- Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science in Kentucky
- College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
- The Center for Gifted Studies
- Trace Die Cast, Inc.
- Control Systems Design and Automation, Inc.
- Bluegrass Supply Chain Services
- Design Builders
- Dunham's Sporting Goods
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Courtyard Marriott
- Penn Station East Coast Subs
- Bowling Green Area Convention and Visitor's Bureau
- and various departments in Ogden College at WKU.
Information provided by WKU
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|