FRANKFORT, Ky. — The official kynect open enrollment ended at midnight on Feb. 15 with more than 158,000 Kentuckians signing up for private health insurance or Medicaid coverage
“We had a tremendously successful second open enrollment period, with many new individuals signing up or continuing their health coverage through kynect,” said Gov. Beshear. “When people get health insurance, they generally take immediate steps to get healthier, which will help our workforce get even stronger.”
To date, 158,685 individuals have enrolled in healthcare coverage through kynect for 2015. This number includes 102,830 Kentuckians who have either newly enrolled in a qualified health plan since Nov. 15, 2014 or renewed the private insurance plan they purchased through kynect last year.
The following statistics are current as of 3:30 p.m. Feb 19:
- 698,537 unique visitors viewing more than 25.3 million pages on kynect’s website;
- 367,359 individuals conducted preliminary screenings;
- 559,650 calls handled by the kynect contact center;
- 43,237 new accounts created;
- 8,528 people downloaded the new kynect app;
- 69,703 new applications for coverage submitted;
- 55,855 enrolled in Medicaid coverage;
- 75,760 individuals renewed their enrollment in a qualified health plan;
- 27,070 individuals newly enrolled in a qualified health plan;
- 6,009 individuals enrolled in dental plans; and
- 7,592 visitors to the kynect store at Fayette Mall in Lexington completed 5,938 applications for new coverage.
The kynect store in Fayette Mall closes tomorrow, Feb. 21. Visit https://kynect.ky.gov to learn more about affordable health care options for Kentuckians.
This page is an archive. To learn more about archive pages click here