HOPKINSVILLE, Ky. — The Community College Futures Assembly issued a call for Bellwether Award nominations in the fall of 2018 and 30 finalist colleges in three categories were competitively chosen from the applicants. Hopkinsville Community College was among that list of finalists.
The field of Bellwether nominations was very competitive this year with over 200 Bellwether applications, HCC officials reported. Ten finalists were selected in each category: Instructional Programs and Services, co-sponsored by the National Council of Instructional Administrators; Planning, Governance and Finance, co-sponsored by the Council for State Directors of Community Colleges and Workforce Development, co-sponsored by the National Council for Continuing Education and Training. All finalists will present at the Assembly on Feb. 4 in San Antonio, Texas, and one winner will then be selected from each category by a panel of national experts within each category. The winners will be announced on Feb. 5 at the CCFA annual meeting.
The Community College Futures Assembly has the following programs as 2019 Bellwether Finalist programs:
Instructional Programs and Services: Programs or activities that have been designed and successfully implemented to foster or support teaching and learning in the community college.
· Allan Hancock College Santa Maria, California - Hancock Promise
· Bucks County Community College Newtown, Pennsylvania - Student Research Conference
· El Paso Community College El Paso, Texas - EPCC's STS and SCS Program: High Impact Student Internships
· Evergreen Valley College San Jose, California - EVC-SJSU RN to BSN Collaborative
· Howard Community College Columbia, Maryland - Learning Pathways: Undergraduate Research At Howard Community College
· Lake-Sumter State College Clermont, Florida - RISE Summer Math Academy - Creating a Pathway to Success
· Pasadena City College Pasadena, California - PCC Pathways to Completion
· Polk State College Winter Haven, Florida - Transforming Advanced Technical Education Through Innovative New Models
· Rogue Community College Grants Pass, Oregon - The Rogue Way: Accelerating Career Pathway Opportunities for Adult Basic Skills
· Wake Technical Community College Raleigh, North Carolina - A Legacy of EPIC Success in Online Education
Planning, Governance and Finance: programs or activities that have been designed and successfully implemented to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the community college.
· Fayetteville Technical Community College Fayetteville, North Carolina - Providing Accelerated Pathways via Credit for Prior Learning
· Hill College Hillsboro, TX - Burleson Opportunity Fund
· Hopkinsville Community College Hopkinsville - CIVIC CLUBS as Partners in Progress. Flipping finance: Philanthropy and Focusing on Private/Public Partnership
· Housatonic Community College Bridgeport, Connecticut - Family Economic Security Program; A Community Partnership Helping to Break the Cycle of Poverty in Our Region
· Long Beach City College Long Beach, California - The Long Beach College Promise/ Promise 2.0 – Partnerships championing a decade of student success
· Maricopa County Community College District Tempe, Arizona - Maricopa Reverse Transfer
· Prince George's Community College Largo, Maryland - Governance at Prince George's Community College
· San José Evergreen Community College District San Jose, California - Silicon Valley Career Pathways: Norther California's Largest Network of STEM Education & Career Programs
· South Louisiana Community College Lafayette, Louisiana- Transforming Culture: First Accountability Then Improvement
· Wayne Community College Goldsboro, North Carolina - Wayne Community College’s Clearing a Path to Student Success Initiative – Creating a Legacy of Educational Success
Workforce Development: Public and/or private strategic alliances and partnerships that promote community and economic development.
· Fayetteville Technical Community College Fayetteville, North Carolina - Military and Veterans Transition Tech Program
· Grand Rapids Community College Grand Rapids, Michigan - Creating the Public Works Pipeline
· Lakeshore Technical College Cleveland, Wisconsin - Just Enough. Just In Time. Just Right: MicroMatch Upskilling
· Maysville Community and Technical College Maysville - MCTC Lineman Training
· Naugatuck Valley Community College Waterbury, Connecticut - NVCC Advanced Manufacturing Center Addresses the "Skills Gap"
· San Jacinto College Pasadena , Texas - San Jacinto College Maritime: Partnerships, Risk, and Results
· San Jose City College San Jose, California - Technest at San Jose City College
· Suffolk County Community College Selden, New York - Energy Waste Reduction Program – Suffolk County Community College
· Tulsa Community College Tulsa, Oklahoma - If You Build It They Will Come
· Virginia's Community Colleges Richmond, Virginia - FastForward: Building Virginia's Skilled Workforce through Short-term Credentials
For many Pennyrile Kentucky region and Fort Campbell residents, higher education begins at Hopkinsville Community College. The college serves thousands of area residents each year as a comprehensive regional learning center providing academic and technical associate degrees; diploma and certificate programs in occupational fields; prebaccalaureate education; adult, continuing and developmental education; customized training for business and industry; and distance learning. As part of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System, HCC is a critical component to transforming the region’s economy by providing citizens with the education and training needed for high growth, high wage careers. For more information, visit Hopkinsville.kctcs.edu. HCC is an equal opportunity employer and education institution.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE FUTURES ASSEMBLY:
The Community College Futures Assembly, celebrating the 25th anniversary this year, convenes annually as an independent national policy forum for key opinion leaders to work as a “think tank” in identifying critical issues facing the future of community colleges, and to recognize Bellwether Finalist colleges as trendsetting institutions.
This page is an archive. To learn more about archive pages click here
The responses below are not provided, commissioned, reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any financial entity or advertiser. It is not the advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.