As an active 28-year-old, you likely have a lot on your plate. Whether you are busy establishing your career, expanding your family, or furthering your education, you may not have much time to think about finding the best (and cheap) life insurance provider. But if you are among the 90 percent of millennials who lack the life insurance coverage they need, then take just a minute to ponder these three points about life insurance:
What We'll Cover
- Questions to Ask As You Compare Cheap Life Insurance Providers for 28-Year-Olds
- The Leading Affordable Life Insurance Providers for 28 Years Old Males and Females
- The Key to Choosing the Best Cheap Life Insurance Provider for Your Needs
- You can save over 200 percent if you purchase now. If you wait until your 40s, you could pay nearly three times as much for coverage.
- Purchasing life insurance is easier than ever. Today's providers offer quotes quickly, and you can easily request one online.
- A healthy lifestyle will save you money. You may be surprised how much providers reward people who make healthy life decisions.
Fortunately, many of today's life insurance providers offer affordable rates to young adults. And if you follow a healthy lifestyle, you will pay even less for coverage. Below is a look at the best cheap life insurance providers for 28 years old males and females. Read on to learn the key to choosing the best provider for your needs.
Questions to Ask As You Compare Cheap Life Insurance Providers for 28-Year-Olds
Before diving into the vast sea of life insurance providers in the United States, it is helpful to know what qualities to look for as you compare options. With nearly 6,000 insurance providers nationally, you may find yourself longing for a cheatsheet to help you narrow down the list. Here are five questions to ask to help you choose the best life insurance company when you're 28 years old:
- "How much is a monthly premium for a 28-year-old male or female? And are your rates flat or variable?"
- "Are there any special benefits I would receive as a 28-year-old in good health?"
- "Can I choose any coverage amount that I would like? Or are there minimum and maximum coverage amounts for 28-year-olds?"
- "How fast is the claims process? Are there any special requirements for filing a claim?"
- "Do you offer cash value life insurance? If so, how will that impact my monthly premium?"
- "What happens if I want to cancel coverage before the end of the policy's term?"
The Leading Affordable Life Insurance Providers for 28 Years Old Males and Females
Even if you know the questions to ask or the qualities to seek in an insurance provider, you may not have time to sit down and launch a detailed search and comparison. If you are short on time, you can start by reviewing the six providers below. They are the top cheap life insurance providers for 28-year-olds.
"You can get a basic life insurance quote on Sproutt quicker than you can get a quote for car insurance." - Chris Butsch, Money Under 30
Sproutt is a popular choice for healthy 28-year-olds for two key reasons. First, Sproutt is fast and easy to use. And second, Sproutt is a convenient one-stop-shop for young adults seeking the best life insurance plan for their budget.
Women at the age of 28 can expect an average monthly premium of $15.88 and men $19 for a 20-year-term $250K policy
Sproutt uses a Quality of Life Index and Guided Artificial Intelligence Assessment (GAIA) to assess your overall level of wellness. This adds significant savings on your life insurance policy. Here are some key features and benefits Sproutt offers:
- Superb Accessibility: As a peer-to-peer insurance broker, Sproutt has over 1,500 agents to help you find the best life insurance.
- Customized: Sproutt will review your responses to the Quality of Life Index and match you with the best insurance providers.
- Lengthy Coverage Term: You can choose from coverage terms ranging from 10 to 40 years in length.
- Upgradable: You can easily upgrade to permanent coverage without the hassle of a medical exam.
State Farm offers term life insurance policies as well as permanent policies. With over 19,000 agents and 83 million policies issued, State Farm has the resources to offer affordable rates that are among the least expensive in the industry for males and females in their 20s.
The average life insurance cost for 28-years-old females with $500,000 of coverage, paying out at $50,000 for ten years is around $12 per month . For 24-years-old males, the rate start at $18 per month for $500,000 of coverage with a cover of $100,000 for ten years.
Here are some key points regarding State Farm's life insurance policies:
- Policy Variety: State Farm offers 10 unique term and permanent policy options from which to choose.
- Guaranteed Coverage: You can receive coverage of $50,000 without undergoing a medical exam.
- Attractive Discounts: State Farm offers significant discounts to customers who purchase multiple different policy types.
- Convertible Term Life Policies: State Farm makes it easy to convert a term life policy to a permanent one.
SelectQuote advertises life insurance policies that start as low as $9 per month. Coverage for males and females starts at $5,000 and may extend up to $5 million. However, most 28-year-olds hold policies that are well under $1 million. By choosing SelectQuote to meet your life insurance needs, you can count on the following:
- Experienced Agents: SelectQuote was founded in 1985 and trains their agents to thoroughly assess your insurance needs.
- A Wide Array of Options: SelectQuote agents take great pride in ensuring customers know about all available policy options.
- A 10-day "Free Look" Period: This gives you time to carefully review the policy and cancel it without penalty within 10 days of issue.
- Convertible Policies: You can convert your term policy to a permanent one without enduring a medical exam.
"I just bought home insurance from you. and I'm pretty sure it was easier than ordering pizza." - Rohan Ghandi, Lemonade Policy Holder
Lemonade was founded in 2015 and continues to gain traction among millennials seeking term life insurance. Twenty-eight-year-old females can purchase a $100,000, 10-year term policy for around $8 per month, while males around $11 per month.
Lemonade's slogan, "Instant everything. Incredible prices. Big heart." describes the company's commitment to offering customers a smooth, easy, and affordable purchasing process that features the following:
- Speedy Quotes: Lemonade enables you to complete a quote request, submit an application, and receive an answer in minutes.
- Fast Claims Payment: Lemonade claims to "Pay claims superfast," making it a great choice for people who value quick claim processing.
- A Focus on the Community: Lemonade regularly donates funds to community organizations such as the Red Cross and the ACLU.
- A Simple Application Process: You don't have to worry about a medical exam when applying with Lemonade.
Bestow's advertisements typically feature five simple words: "Fast Online Term Life Insurance." These words accurately summarize why Bestow continues to gain traction among people in their 20s and 30s. Twenty-eight-year-old men and women can request coverage between $50,000 and $1.5 million without going through a medical exam.
Rates for 28-year-old women start around $10 per month, and for men around $21 each month.
Key benefits include the following:
- Fast Free Quotes: When you choose Bestow, the process starts with a complimentary quote that is delivered right away.
- Instant Coverage: Bestow advertises instant coverage upon approval of an application.
- An Online Learning Center: Bestow offers customers a host of valuable resources and tools to help them make decisions.
Banner Life Insurance Company
Banner Life Insurance Company is owned by Legal & General America. Banner's range of products is more limited than some other providers, and customers must purchase policies through an authorized agent. Despite these mild restrictions, Banner is popular among young adults seeking a life insurance policy with a longer term. While most companies have a maximum term of 30 years, Banner customers are able to purchase policies with terms up to 40 years.
For 28-year-olds, the average rate for $750,000 in coverage 20 years term is $24.31 per month females and $26.41 per month males
Other benefits include the following:
- Flexible Payment Options: Banner customers can choose to make payments annually, semi-annually, monthly, or quarterly.
- Easy Conversions: You can easily convert your term life insurance policy to a universal life insurance policy.
- Industry Experience: Banner has delivered affordable policies since the 1980s to customers across America.
The Key to Choosing the Best Cheap Life Insurance Provider for Your Needs
If you are a healthy 28-year-old male or female, you will have a plethora of life insurance options available to you. The key to choosing the best life insurance provider for 28-year-olds is to carefully compare rates from multiple providers. We can help you compare prices of the leading providers so you can make an informed decision.
We invite you to click below to get the best rates possible for 28-year-old males and females. Our goal is to make it as fast and easy as possible for you to compare rates and finalize your life insurance provider. With our comparison tool, you can enjoy the peace of mind of knowing you are making an apples to apples comparison and choosing the best policy for you and your loved ones.
Purchasing life insurance coverage is the single best step you can take to ensure your loved ones will be financially secure if tragedy strikes. Many of today's top insurance providers offer coverage options starting at under 50 cents per day for 28-year-olds, with lower rates often available to young adults who follow a healthy lifestyle. By taking a little time to compare providers, you can find a plan that is affordable, easy to purchase, and customized to meet your unique needs.
Cheap Life Insurance Quotes by Age
The responses below are not provided, commissioned, reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any financial entity or advertiser. It is not the advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.